Tuesday, February 22, 2011

First injury in the UK

Last night Alyssa decided to get a big gash in the back of her head.  Rockstar parenting moment for us.  We decided to let her climb all over the arm chair next to the TV stand in our hotel room.  She then fell backward and hit her head.  I didn't know that she was bleeding until AJ tells me that I had a big blood streak down my face.  It was hard to determine the damage because she was screaming and would let us touch her.  After we cleaned all the blood from her hair we discovered that it wasn't as bad as it looked.  I called a 1800 nurse (because we have no health care set up here) and she just advised us to keep and eye on her and wake her every 2 hours to make sure she responded.  It just made for a very long night.  She is OK and still jumping all over the furniture.  :)

1 comment: