Sunday, February 6, 2011

3 days in England.

We have now been in England for 3 days.  The weather has been warmer than I imagined but WINDY!!  There has been a couple times we where walking and I thought that the stroller was going to blow over.  People here say that this is not normal but has not stopped since we landed.  Are they lying???  We have met most of AJ's co-workers and they have been wonderful.  A couple took us around the base yesterday and even took us grocery shopping.  There seems to be a lot of things for kids to do and a lot of information for AJ and I to remember.  I feel a little overwhelmed but still excited to see what is in store for us. 
Things that are different here:
-People actually say "and all that jazz" - which translates to "all that stuff"
-I swear there are 2 outlets in the room that we are staying in and non in the bathroom.
-One thing that I find cool is that when you are sitting at a red light the yellow light will light up when it is about to turn green.  This gives people opportunity to start to go the second it turns green.  At first a little scary because I didn't realize that was happening and our taxi driver kept pressing the gas before it actually turned green.
There will be more to follow:

No comments:

Post a Comment