Monday, July 9, 2012

Wrest Park

Instead of seeing the Olympic torch run through our town we decided to go to Wrest Park.  The weather was a typical british day with clouds and spots of rain but we still had a good time.  Hope you enjoy our pictures of one of our last outings in England :(

We started the day off with the kids playing on the playground.  This was not a good idea because it was really hard to part them from it to see an "old house" as Alyssa calls it.   

It wasn't raining at the time but Alyssa loves her umbrella.  And she looks adorable posing with it :)

My handsome husband humoring me with my picture taking.  We couldn't get the kids to get in the shot.   

and this is why!  
I am sure glad we didn't have to pay for them to get SOAKING wet from a giant puddle.  They ran through this over and over again.  Asher even fell face first into it and was soaked top to bottom.  They couldn't have been happier.  

Alyssa asked when we walked up to the house "can we move into this house?"  
"Of course, honey.  Just call me Elizabeth Darcy"

In the middle of this gorgeous yard was a croquet match going on. I believe this moment was a true british moment.  Overcast skies, GREEN everywhere, and little old men in all white playing croquet.  Have you ever seen a cut-throat croquet game?!  It is like an oxymoron...lol.  

SWEETNESS!  

A family shot in front of the house.  Not the best angle but still a good family shot.  

This is actually one of my practice shots setting up the tripod but I just loved the view, and I am not just talking about my boys.  

Family shot looking away from the house.  
Could it get more perfect?!

I swear Alyssa tried to smell every one of these roses.  We had to bust out the "who wants to go back to the playground" card to get her to stop.  She just needed to soak up more sweetness (if that is even possible).  

No comments:

Post a Comment