Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dover Castle

While visiting Dover we had to go to the Dover Castle.  This trip turned out to be a big surprise for me.  I thought it was going to be just like any other old building we saw but I was wrong.  They had props in the tower that the kids were able to play with and the underground tunnels had really interesting history.  This was enjoyed by all....

My cute family in from of the main tower.  

Alyssa was so happy that there was a Mommy size door and an Alyssa size door.  I love this girl!

This kitchen with fake props (check out the slabs of meat hanging).  Alyssa was in heaven.  She was pretending that she was making dinner.  We had to pry her away to see the rest of the castle. 

A chair fit for two cuties.  

Alyssa wants to come back so she can sit on the thrown like a queen.  

Writing in the scroll room.  

The gorgeous view from the top of the tower.  

Morning fog coming in from the channel over the houses.  

All I need is for Asher to have something that makes a big BOOM.  Good thing I can't fit it in my purse.  

"LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, BOYS AND GIRLS"  
This is what Alyssa kept screaming from this podium in the underground tunnels. 

My boys posing for me. 

Family shot.  This was taken from the balcony carved out of the White Cliffs.  Not much to see in the photo (except 4 beauties) but pretty amazing view.  

Enjoying a cool treat from the ice cream parlour.  Perfect way to end the day. 

1 comment:

  1. Tell AJ I love his hat :) Great photos. The scenery is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete