Sunday, June 10, 2012

Audley End House

With the recommendation from a dear friend, Mallory Grover, we went to Audley End house today.  The weather was perfect and the kids were great (for the most part).  It was a great day to be outside and with the family.  Hope you enjoy our pictures...

This was one of the many great views of the property.  Here AJ and Alyssa are enjoying the river that runs through most of the property.  

Alyssa and Asher are enjoying the fishies of the pond.  Asher just loves fishies (I think because it is one of the few words he knows how to say). 

Meet Alyssa from 1880.  
She had a blast dressing up in their costumes.  

Surprise, Surprise!
We found their horseys.  A day out is not complete without visiting the horseys.  I sure hope they have them in Japan:)

More dressing up.  Here Alyssa got to wear a real crown.  It was SOOO heavy and was made from real silver.  I don't know how you would wear it all day.   

The kids loved going through the servants rooms because you could play with everything.  Here was the dairy room.  

Asher was not willing to go through the rest of the house, so AJ and I took turns.   Here Asher and I are playing around with the camera while we wait for AJ and Alyssa.  He was so into it. 
This was the front of the house.  I have changed the title page of this blog to the family picture taken in front of it (check it out).  

The kids were done taking family photos so we let them play while AJ and I got a shot it.  It turned out really good.  

After the Audley End house we went across the street to a mini-train station and play area.  Here the kids are enjoying the bounce house while we wait for our train ride.  I am so surprised that they are both still going, especially Asher.  They were SOOO tired.  

My cute family waiting for the train to get going.  Asher's face doesn't show it but he was so excited.  

"Hey, Mom!"

Whoever thought of this idea was a genius!  They put teddy bears in the forrest throughout the train ride.  Alyssa screamed "Teddy Bears!" every time she saw them.  

LOL LOL LOL!!
I seriously laugh so hard at this picture.  I shouldn't though because she is genuinely scared here.  There were two tunnels that were actually pretty long where there were a couple minutes of complete darkness.  I knew Alyssa was scared and I wanted to see her face so I took this shot (in the dark).  The camera was on my lap and I just pointed it in the direction I knew she was and hit the button.  Because I couldn't see what she was doing at the time, I about peed my pants when I hit preview on my camera.  She was completely fine when the tunnels were over so I can really enjoy this picture.  Once again, LOL!

1 comment:

  1. You take the best pictures!!! Thank you for keeping us included with your adventures. I love your narations, you are too funny. LOL. I also love your new family photo, and Alyssa's scared face. That is priceless. Happy you had a great day. Lots of love to you all :)

    ReplyDelete