Sunday, June 2, 2013

Our first camping trip!!!

I have been begging AJ to go camping for as long as I can remember.  And I've finally learned to just make the plans and listen to him complain about it later :)  I decided the best way to introduce my family to this wonderful experience was to start with a cabin.  Our good friends/neighbors invited us on one of their last adventures in Japan :( to a little area outside of Nanbu Town.  And we ALL had the best time and will be returning soon...

This is where we stayed.  Aren't they the cutest cabin/tree houses you have ever seen.  I felt like we were staying in a little gnome village.

This was lucky number 7 and our cabin for the night.  The kids thought this was the coolest place.  

Alyssa and Caid!  They are two peas in a pod.  He is our neighbor but is leaving Japan in a couple weeks.  Alyssa is heart broken but knows to live each moment with FUN.

I think the kids had more fun playing in the cabins than they did running around and exploring.  This face just sums it up.  


LOOK!  A tree full of little monkeys :)

The Japanese were smart and brought sleds with them but we brought something better - two engineers.  Our neighbor came up with a homemade sled out of wood.  It was great fun. 


Our first family campfire.  The kids loved fishing for fire (something I did, more times than I can count, as a kid). 

I like how this picture came out.  The kids enjoying the big bonfire. 

There was a great shot of AJ standing by the fire but I wasn't quick enough with the camera so I made him go back to take it.  All he could say was "HURRY UP!!"  I guess it was a little hot. 

The kids loved the sleeping bags so much.  Alyssa was great with hers and stayed in one place but...

Asher kept rolling out of his.  It was a chilly night so I kept pushing him back in through the night.  I know he will eventually get the hang of it.  

Near the campgrounds there was this huge dragon tower.  The view from the top was amazing.  

You could either climb through the mouth and go up these tunnels or walk up the stairs.  The kids and dads went up the mouth, while the moms went up the stairs and took pictures.  

Caid and Alyssa took no time at all going up the tunnels.  I was very impressed because they were steep and high off the ground.  Alyssa said she was a little scared but wanted to do it.  I was proud. 

Asher on the other had did not want to climb the entire way by himself so he brought a sucker with him.  He was able to ride the rest of the way to the top on his Daddy's tummy while Daddy slid up the tunnel on his back.  It was very funny to watch.  

After the dragon tower our neighbors took us to a nearby pool with a water slide.  Cameras were not aloud in but we had a great time.  We look forward to going back to it really soon.  

Overall we had a great time.  AJ's biggest complaint was the hard floor to sleep on but I think that is fair enough.  He will be suffering through it again knowing 3 of the 4 of us LOVE TO CAMP!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment